Oxidation Stability of Fats and Oils with the OXITEST
The oxidation stability tests performed with the OXITEST reactor accelerate the lipid's oxidation process that in normal conditions can last weeks or months and provide fast, accurate and reliable results for Food & Feed, Cosmetic, Pharma and Petrochemical industries.
What are the main uses of an Oxitest?
- Quality control of raw materials and ingredients
- Transportation and effects on goods
- Storage period studies
- Product Development and behavior
- Formula Optimization
- Ingredient and alternative ingredients testing
- Process optimization
- Packaging study and alternative packaging comparison
What does an Oxitest reactor do?
The OXITEST reactor subjects the sample to a high oxidative stress environment in order to evaluate, in a short period of time, the resistance to fat oxidation:
- Established over-pressure of pure oxygen (6 bar, degree 5.0)
- High constant temperature, 90 °C
What are the advantages of an Oxitest
With the OXITEST Method, the stability test is performed directly on the sample as it is solid, liquid or doughy.
The method's key advantage is that the OXITEST ensures representative results without extensive sample preparation.
How to read the results of an Oxitest
The results of the OXITEST are expressed through the IP Induction Period.
The IP is the time required to reach the starting point of oxidation, corresponding to either a level of detectable rancidity or a sudden change in the rate of oxidation.
The longer the Induction Period, the higher the stability against oxidation over time.
VELP oxidation chambers are made of titanium
The oxidation chambers, sample holders, and covers are made of titanium, a premium material guaranteeing:
- High resistance
- Excellent chemical compatibility;
- Easy cleaning
- Cost savings since no disposable consumables are required.
Cloud-based services with VELP Ermes
The OXITEST thanks to its connectivity to VELP Ermes allows you to reduce routine operations thanks to the real-time monitoring of your test wherever you are, at any time from PC, smartphone and tablet.
- Real-time monitoring and notification
- Maximum security and data protection
- Anytime access to your data via PC, smartphone, and tablet
- Enhanced Service Support (VELP and partners)
- Immediate Software Updates
- Create and share reports, track trends and get useful insights
If you have any questions, Geneq professionals are ready to assist: